Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Golden





Another DIY project completed. I've been a busy girl trying to get my apartment furnished one DIY project at a time. This one is another piece we came across, and all though it was missing two drawers, I knew I could make it work. Originally we thought about painting it white to go in the girls room, but in the end, gold won. I wanted something over the top and unique, but still girly. I will admit, this was not the easiest project. Metallic paint is tricky. When you pop the paint open u see multi-colors, like the ugliest green an gray. I thought it was messed up, but  turns out that's just how it looks till u apply it. If you plan on going with a bold paint like this, I suggest priming. Guess what we didn't do...? Yup, prime. After three coats and a lengthy wait for the paint to dry, I loved it. The color was just what I had hoped. I used Devine Colors which you can get at target. 
 


I'm thinking of all the places you will go as a theme. With pretty map prints. Light blue an maybe coral colors, but then again I'm liking a woodland theme. You'll just have to wait and see. 

1 comment:

Blogger Template by VelvetGraceCreation.